The Medical Action Group, Inc., a health and human rights organization founded in 1982, continuously works to empower vulnerable sectors of society and victims of human rights violations by increasing their capacities to claim for their rights particularly their right to health.
MAG has a three-year project funded by Misereor International to be implemented in three areas in the Philippines namely NCR, Iligan and Bacolod for the period of 2016 to 2019. The project aims at strengthening the capacity of civil society organizations and marginalized groups to constructively engage in inclusive social health protection policy making and implementation of accountable programs at the local level.
In line with this project, MAG invites highly competent, experienced and committed individuals to fill in the following positions:
Local Focal Person
· Two persons for Iligan
· Two person for Bacolod
· One person for the National Capitol Region
- He/ She shall facilitate the capacity building of community-based organizations to advocate for social health protection program and to engage local government units to formulate, implement and improve service delivery.
- He/She is preferably based on either of the projects areas where he or she will be assigned.
- He/ She shall organize activities with local partners and shall coordinate with them.
- He/ She shall prepare and submit accomplishment reports.
- He/ She shall perform other tasks as maybe determined by the Executive Director and/ or Project Manager.
• Has a college degree.
• must have a minimum of two years’ work experience in community development and local government coordination and organizational strengthening;
• Must have relevant training and experience on human rights advocacy and community development.
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills preferably in local dialect.
Qualified applicants must submit their letter of intent with detailed curriculum vitae on or before 29 January 2016.
MAG will contact short-listed applicants for further screening.